Thursday, February 12, 2009

Only in Hawai'i - a Red Tornado

It's rare to see a tornado in Hawai'i. I lived there twice and never saw one, but I saw many in my years in Texas.

But you have to hand it to Hawai'i. When they have one, it's a beauty. Only in Hawai'i do they have red tornadoes. (Or is it tornados? Does anyone have Dan Quayle's phone number? Or Louis Armstrong's? "You like potato and I like potahto, You like tomato and I like tomahto. Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto, Let's call the whole thing off.)

Watch this for a minute or so and it gets redder. And there's a second one behind it and to the left.



And here's a rougher, but closer, view:

2 comments:

  1. Every now and then, a white tornado strikes Hawaii too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, K., you must have an encyclopedic memory. A few more colors and they'll have rainbow tornadoes .... even though Coach June Jones got rid of the Rainbow in U. of Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors.

    ReplyDelete